Providing exceptional healthcare and support in the Macedon Ranges since 1989.
We offer travel health clinics, including Yellow Fever vaccination.
If you are travelling abroad it is important that you obtain early advice on vaccination and health issues.
Ensure you check the travel advice for your intended location on the smart traveller website prior to booking your trip. It is recommended not to travel to areas that are declared high risk or designated as 'do not travel' areas.
The GPs will be able to thoroughly assess your needs according to your travel itinerary.
When To See Us?
Before You Travel …
- Some vaccinations require a course over weeks to months, so contact us at least six to eight weeks before departure.
- Travellers overseas have up to a 50% chance of suffering travel-related illness, so reduce your risk of illness with a medical check-up and personalised advice to best protect your health overseas.
- Vaccinations may be considered necessary for protection against diseases you may encounter, for routine health measures, or as legal requirements for entry into some countries.
- Your doctor will need to know the countries you will be visiting, the length of stay in each country, the time of the year in each country (season), the type of accommodation (major hotel or tent), the type of travel (bus tour or backpack), and your intended activities (animals, hiking, visiting caves or farms).
- Please bring a copy of your itinerary to the consult as well as any previous immunisation records to make the most out of your consult.
- It is especially important that children, pregnant women, and those with medical problems have a consult prior to travel.
Check list prior to departure:
- A medical check-up at least 6 weeks prior to travel - a long appointment will be required.
- Vaccinations and medications up to date.
- Travel letter including your health summary and if you are taking any medications with you.
- Pack medical kit - this can be organised with scripts through the clinic and a list of things to have handy.
- Dental check up.
- Optometric check up.
- Passport and visas up to date.
- Register with smart traveller website prior to your travel.
- Travel insurance (including emergency evacuation cover).
- Travellers cheques and credit cards.
- Leave a copy of your itinerary with a responsible person.